Wednesday, March 27, 2013

beths yummy pasta recipe

My whole life I've been pretty thin.I have always been able to eat pretty much whatever I want....Until I turned 40. Then suddenly I noticed the scale creeping up slowly as I sat in disbelief. I work out with a friend and we indulged and got a personal trainer 2 x week. She has us work really hard for an hour combining free weights with machines, we do kick boxing and we definitely keep it interesting but it's hard. I figured that would effect my weight gain without having to change my eating habits. 
Now to give you a bit of "me", I am not a huge eater. I never finish what's on my plate, I eat really like a bird all day but the downfall comes at night when I can't sleep and then I could seriously stay up all night eating Welch's fruit snacks. Thus, my 12 pound weight gain. I can't tell you how upsetting it is for me to be so disillusioned to think I could eat like I was in college when I am 45.
Uggh! 
Anyway, the other day, I started Weight Watchers and I love it so much. I get 26 points a day and it's been really fun making interesting recipes. 
The other night I made the yummiest pasta dish for my family and it took about the time it takes to boil the water for the pasta. 
Without further ado, I give you Beth's Yummy Pasta (7 points per 2 cup serving). 
Beth’s Yummy Pasta Recipe
Ingredients
Ilb good quality pasta
Tiny bit garlic  (powder is fine)
2 tlbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tlbs butter
locatelli romano cheese 
directions
Boil pasta for 5 minutes or less if you like it al dente.while pasta is cooking dice herbs and put aside. Drain pasta but do not rinse and put back into bowl. Toss pasta with olive oil and butter well. Sprinkle tiny bit of garlic powder or I use Goya adobo because it has salt too. Sprinkle salt pepper herbs into pasta well. Last put cheese on to taste so cheese coats everything. 
ENJOY!
Thanks,
Beth xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment